Each year, $1,000 bursaries are awarded to successful Canadian applicants who are pursuing post-secondary education at a recognized university, community college, technical institute and other schools for advanced education.
- 978 bursaries, worth $978,000, have been awarded since 1994.
- 186 applications were received for the 2016-2017 school year and 50 students from across Canada each will receive a $1,000 bursary.
- Kin Canada Bursaries is one of the largest non-corporate providers of bursaries in Canada.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- Must be a student in the process of graduating from high school or currently studying or registered at a post-secondary institution.
- Must complete the current application form and submit it to the Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club closest to their permanent residence by February 1. Bursary winners are notified before June 30 by their sponsoring club.
- Will be evaluated on their community and school involvement, knowledge of Kin Canada and financial need.
The bursary application deadline date is February 1 of each year. If you’ve applied to a local club, the selection process is as follows:
Each club reviews all submitted application forms and selects one to be endorsed and forwarded to the Board of Trustees for review on or before March 1.
The Board selects a number of applicants to receive a bursary of $1,000 each, based on that year’s contributions to the Hal Rogers Endowment Fund. The successful recipients and their sponsoring clubs are notified by June 30.
- Use this year’s revised application form
- Read and follow all instructions carefully
- Answer all questions
- Remember, scoring is based on both effort and content
- Ask for input from friends, parents, teachers, etc.
- Learn about Kin Canada from our website
- Research what the local or nearest Kinsmen, Kinette or Kin Club has done in your community
- Submit your application form to your local club by February 1 and only submit to one club
Visit our Apply page for information about the application, application process and eligibility requirements.
Click here for the Kin Canada Bursary application.
Due Date: FEBRUARY 1,2017 either online or mailed to the:
Windsor Kin Club
2955 Everts Avenue