Below are just some of the amazing benefits that the IB program can offer to you or your child:
1) As a result of their time in the IB, students develop:
- time management skills and a strong sense of self-motivation
- a keen interest in civic engagement
- notable academic ability
- strong research and writing skills
- critical thinking abilities
- an international outlook.
- Research suggests, for example, that IB students are more likely than their peers to complete their undergraduate degrees and pursue graduate work; and that they are more likely to be engaged in various aspects of university life.
2) According to the research, IB students are strong in:
- student leadership activities
- working with university faculty on research projects
- finding opportunities to study in other countries
- tutoring other students
- taking part in voluntary and community service
- completing internships.
3) In order to maximise the opportunities for IB students at their institutions, many universities and colleges develop recognition policies making it clear how IB students gain places on their courses.
4) Be encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning
5) Take part in programmes of education that can lead them to some of the highest ranking universities around the world.
6) Become more culturally aware, through the development of a second language
7) Be able to engage with people in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world.
8) Further research indicates that Diploma Programme (DP) graduates complete college faster than their peers, feel more prepared for college-level coursework involving research, and are better able to cope with demanding workloads and time-management challenges.
9) Students have the opportunity to work with like-minded peers.
10) The teachers involved in the IB program are truly dedicated to helping you reach your full academic potential. They are specially trained and constantly updating their strategies in order to help you reach for the stars!!