- Candidates must be graduating from secondary school or already attending a university or college and continuing their education.
- Candidates must be the children of a parent of Romanian ancestry.
- The candidate and/or parent must live in the Windsor-Essex County area.
- Recognition may be considered for involvement with the sponsoring organization.
Number of Awards:
- One scholarship or more can be awarded annually.
- Each will be valued from $500.00 to $1,000.00.
- Priority will be given to students going into their first year of post secondary education.
- Good grades (transcript needed) and involvement in both school activities and community activities will be evaluated.
- The needs of each candidate will be considered .
- Applications must include a letter of reference.
- The treasurer of the sponsoring organization will pay the amount awarded to each student who has been selected after confirming that the student is duly enrolled and is in attendance at an accredited college or university in a program leading to a diploma or degree.
Responsibility of Candidate:
Each candidate must submit:
1) the application form Here is the link to the form
2) an information letter
3) an official transcript
4) a letter of reference
- The selection of award recipients will be made after Sept. 15.
- The number of awards will be determined by the number of applicants and the funding provided for that year.
Due Date: Sept. 15th, 2017
Mail or deliver applications to the address below
Romanian Community Scholarship
1735 LaBelle St.
Windsor, ON Canada N9E 1B3