The BBPA National Scholarship Fund was established in 1986 and is dedicated to supporting and promoting the achievement of academic excellence by Black Canadian youth through an annual scholarship program.
There are numerous scholarships available. These scholarship descriptions are found at the following address
To be considered for a scholarship, you must be:
- A member of the Canadian Black community (i.e. a Black person of discernible African ancestry and you self identify as Black/African- Canadian/African-Caribbean/African-American);
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- A maximum 30 years of age at the start of the 2017-18 academic year, and be
- Enrolled as a full-time student in the academic year 2017-2018 at an accredited post-secondary institution (as determined by the NSF).
- SELECTION CRITERIA
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- High academic achievement,
- Financial Need,
- Recognized contribution to the Black community, and
- Additional criteria that are established by the donor (e.g. subject being studied; attendance at a specific university; etc.)
In order to apply, click on the link below