Due Date: Beginning of April
- Candidates must be the children/dependents of current, full-time, municipal employees or elected Municipal Councillors in Ontario. Full time “part time” employees, who work at least 24 hours per week, are also eligible if they qualify for OMERS pension and benefits.
- Candidates must be in their final year of a secondary school program;
- Candidates must have been granted conditional acceptance and make a commitment to enter an engineering program at an Ontario or Canadian university.
- Note, you do not need this prior to applying for the grant, just as a condition of release of funds.
- Candidates must have demonstrated an interest in, and contribution to, their community through active participation in extracurricular activities at their high school and/or in civic organizations; and
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate strong communication skills by submitting a 500 word essay on a topic of public interest related to municipal engineering or public works.
Value: $1500 for up to 10 candidates
Click here for the Application Form & to learn more about the Bursary Awards Program.
Click here for the online application