Due Date: May 31st of each Calendar Year
- Canadian student
- applicants who have themselves been severely injured or lost a parent (or legal guardian) or sibling to an impaired-driving related crash
- Pursuing full-time post secondary education
- Injuries must be catastrophic or severe and have had a significant impact on the applicants’ lives. Proof of injury and relation to impaired driving will be required.
- Provide supporting documentation clearly indicating that the crash was a result of impaired driving. (Samples of documentation: coroner’s report, police report, newspaper clippings, letter from police, crown, lawyer, or other community leader or first responder who is familiar with the events of the crash, etc.)
- If you are applying because you or a parent, legal guardian or sibling suffered a severe or catastrophic injury as a result of an impaired driving crash that has impacted your family’s life, please provide evidence of the injury. (Samples of documentation: medical records, letter from a doctor, letter from insurance company or lawyer, letter from an employer/school, or letter from a non-family caregiver.)
- If your last name is different from the immediate family member who was killed or injured, please provide proof of the relationship. (Proof can be in the form of a birth certificate, news article naming you as the child/sibling of the deceased, or a letter from a community professional who is familiar with your family. The community professional can be a police officer, clergy, accountant, doctor or lawyer and the letter should be written on their letterhead.)
- Provide a statement (maximum 2 pages) of the impact this event has had on you and your family.
- Enclose the most up-to-date transcript of your school grades. You may also include past transcripts if you wish.
Amount: One(1) bursary of $8,000 will be awarded to the applicant with the highest score in honour of Louise Joanne Twerdy (see further details below).
Additional bursaries in the amount of $4,000 will also be available.
Fill out the following application: MADDBursary_Application-English